Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:16 PM

You Can Trust The Communists (to be communists) by Dr. Fred Schwarz
America's Retreat from Victory by Senator Joseph R. McCarthy
None Dare Call It Treason: 25 Years Later by John Stormer

#22 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts
  • Interests:Winning the next world war. General curmudgeon-ship.

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:53 PM

"The Origins of Totalitarianism" - Hannah Arendt

Firstly, from the simple standpoint of understanding the operational details of how Stalin and Hitler architected their rise to power and incitement of world war, this book is par excellence. It makes the connection between the excellent comprehension these two procrustean ideologues had of simmering social and geopolitical undercurrents that liberal Western leaders lacked either the courage or capability to understand and manipulate. In this aspect, it is "The Prince" of our sad and dark times.

Secondly, from a standpoint of documenting the utterly inadequate management by Western liberals of the world situation after WW2, the implications of this book are profound. Had Western leaders heeded Arendt's advice (which was already available shortly after the war in the form of monographs and her own clock time) the scope of de Nazification would have been much greater (encompassing, for example, the Middle East and other parts of Asia as well as Africa) and, WW3 would have been started in a fashion by the West, aimed at securing and de Communizing the procrustean East.

When one reads this book with hindsight, it brings a tear to the eye to know that there was indeed a historical sweet spot - 1945 - 1964 - when we might have undertaken the greatest expansion ever of Western power and ideals. But we failed, and now, we will pay the price!

Finally, many among the secular Western Left (and quasi religious Western Left) respect Arendt because she started out a Trotskyite and was part of the Resistance against Hitler in multiple countries. Include this book as part of your slate of arguments and Leftists might actually listen to you!

BM

#23 josephspowellIII

josephspowellIII

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:36 PM

I just read a chapter on Patton in a military book about this great soldier.  I now thirst for more things Patton!  Give me one or two must reads on the man, please.

View Post

Eaglestrike, you might enjoy The Unknown Patton, by Charles M. Province, published in 1983.
It is 250 pages long, and includes famous Patton quotes and General Orders - it's a good read.

;)

#24 Guest_Friend_of_Mindszenty_*

Guest_Friend_of_Mindszenty_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:23 AM

AA-1025 by Marie Carre - the journal of a communist who became a priest to destroy the Catholic Church from within

#25 Guest_Friend_of_Mindszenty_*

Guest_Friend_of_Mindszenty_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2005 - 06:19 PM

The Faith We Have Not Kept by Senator Strom Thurmond - This book was particularly interesting for Thurmund's point that we have reason to believe the Soviets never removed the missiles from Cuba.

#26 Guest_JOE SHMOE_*

Guest_JOE SHMOE_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:12 AM

I would recommend the following books:

1. Miracles of the American Revolution by Larkin Spivey (Divine intervention and the Birth of the Republic-the staff they did not teach you at school).

2. George Washington Writings by GW. Edited by John H. Rhodenhamel.(446 key documents)

3.Quo Vadis by H. Sienkiewicz ( Christian persecutions under Nero in ancient Rome)

4. The Boer War by Thomas Packenham (Minor foreign service bureaucrat of German descent - Miller manipulates events of the day in South Africa to prove his loyalty to the Queen. Brings about the first imperialist war of 20th century)

5. August 1914, One day in life of Ivan Denisovich, Gulag Archipelago by A Solzhenitsyn ( scenes of life and survival just before and after communism takes hold)

6. Doctor Zhivago by B. Pasternak ( love and survival under bolsheviks)

7.Uncommon Faith by John F Coverdale ( Christian survival and slaughter during the Spanish Civil War)

8.The Court of The Red Tzar by Simon Sebag Montefiore ( the mysteries of Stalin's court: unrestrained Bolshevik sex, booze and blood)

9. Father Elijjah, Sophia House, Eclipse of the Sun by Michael D. O'Brien ( books with apocalyptic themes for the end-times)

joe

#27 Guest_eskie_*

Guest_eskie_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:38 PM

The following is review of the book On top of the world, subtitled "Cantor Fitzgerald, Howard Lutnick, and 9/11, a story of loss and renewal". Tom Barbash is the book's author.

You may well have heard of the international brokerage firm Cantor Fitzgerald in the wake of the horrific events of 11 September 2001. The Boeing 767 that hit Tower 1 of New York's World Trade Center on that fateful day plowed into the building's 93rd floor. Cantor Fitzgerald operated out of floors 101 through 106; the company lost 658 of its 1000 New York employees that day.

Cantor Fitzgerald was responsible for transacting about 200 billion dollars of securities a day. They were a wholesale market for bonds and "third market" equities, third market meaning direct trades between large institutional buyers and sellers. The daily dollar value of the securities traded by the firm surpassed the combined daily value of business handled by the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, and NASDAQ. It was a place where buyers and sellers of large blocks of securities could do business discreetly and anonymously.

As it turns out, Cantor Fitzgerald managed to survive the disaster of September 2001. Howard Lutnick, however, the firm's CEO, wasn't thinking of Cantor Fitzgerald's survival on the morning the Towers fell. He was sure he had lost everything he had devoted his life to, except for his family. He escaped the disaster only because he had taken the morning off to bring his young son to his first day in kindergarten. When he heard about the first plane hitting the Towers, he and his driver went downtown to see what they could do to help people evacuate, and narrowly missed being crushed by the collapse of Tower 2, the first one to fall. Lutnick lost his brother in the disaster, and many of his closest friends, who were Cantor Fitzgerald employees.

In On top of the world, Lutnick describes what I must call the heroic efforts of himself and the firm's other survivors to keep the company operating after the catastrophic blow. Lutnick also explains his efforts to ensure that the surviving family members of the employees who perished would have enough financial security to put their lives in order during the first few years after the disaster. He pledged – and has kept his pledge – to devote a fifth of the firm's profits through September 2006 to the families of the survivors. Lutnick describes his negotiations with the survivors over the terms of his assistance, a sensitive and emotionally difficult task. There's a subplot about the media distorting a few facts and excoriating him as a heartless capitalist who was cynically using the tragedy to bolster his own image while doing nothing for the survivors' families.

Lutnick's story, actually authored by Tom Barbash, a college friend of Lutnick and a professional journalist, gives some insight into the world of Cantor Fitzgerald and its aggressive, successful and highly paid traders. The book also provides a biographical sketch of Lutnick, and we learn from it how he came to be the CEO of one of America's most important financial marketplaces.

Most satisfying for me, I learned from the book how the firm survived the tragedy. Cantor Fitzgerald's London office played an immensely important role in keeping the firm alive as a trading institution during the first weeks following the disaster. The customers of Cantor Fitzgerald who, instead of moving their trades to competing firms relatively unaffected by the disaster, were willing to take a chance and continue to do business with what must have seemed a very shaky proposition, also deserve much credit, as do the banks who gambled on the firm being able to repay multi-billion dollar unsecured overnight loans. I haven't analyzed Cantor Fitzgerald's financials recently, but as far as I can tell the firm today in 2005 is as strong as it ever was.

Howard Lutnick doesn't present himself as a particularly philosophic individual; the book is not deep in that sense, nor does it delve into the financial arcana of securities trading, but as a first-person account of the tragedy of 9/11 from a CEO whose personal and professional lives were torn asunder on that day, On top of the world, published in 2003 by Harper Collins, was a very interesting read.

#28 cslewis17

cslewis17

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:27 PM

I am currently about half way through "The Naked Communist."  It is a very well written and a very informative book.  I heartily recommend it.  I believe it was written back in the 60s, but is just as valid today.

View Post

I just found a copy of "The Naked Communist" at a used bookstore for $5. And flipping through it in the car I found out it was a signed copy! Looking forward to delving into this one.

Other books I found today was Gorby's book, Perestroika, and CASEY, a biography of the former head of the CIA under Reagan.

-csl
cslewis17
The "Steve Jobs" of GeoPolitical Thought
Director General, Doomsday Deferment Office
http://diplodirect.blogspot.com/
http://comingtogrips...h.blogspot.com/

#29 Guest_eskie_*

Guest_eskie_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:34 PM

At the CIA's website there is a selection of unclassified articles from the journal "Studies in Intelligence". There are articles from the current edition of the journal and from earlier editions stretching back to 1992. The selected articles cover a wide range of material, from history to intelligence analysis to organizational and management issues relevant to the intelligence community, and also book reviews.

https://www.cia.gov/csi/studies.html

#30 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:32 PM

"While America Sleeps" by Kagan and son.

The title reflects the commonality with JFK's similarly named retrospective on the USA's (lack of) preparations for WW2 as well as with Churchill's famous and highly accurate prognostacatory warning.

This book includes a restrospective of the UK's blunders vis a vis the closure of WW1, the interwar years and the last years of peace prior to WW2, and, also sounds a warning. Russia is specifically mentioned in it as being "restive." The book, in no uncertain terms, tells us that we are nearly guaranteed to be heading for another world war, and that we are very, very far from being aware of its approach and prepared for its inevitability. Our liberal utopian approach actually invites Atomic Napoleons and our future great pain.

#31 White Knight

White Knight

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:52 PM

Russia and World War III : A Nation Polityst Study of Russia
M. Laskiewicz

A very obscure book that I came across on E-Bay of all places. Very big at 550 pages. I have only just started reading it but it seems to be a scientific study based on analysing Russia's past and from that making the prediction that a third world war is inevitable. From flicking through the later pages the author has correctly predicted Russia's return to authoritarian rule (the book was written in 1992). The later chapters look very, very interesting.

Conventional War and Escalation: The Soviet View
Joseph D. Douglass Jnr

Other books by Dr. Douglass. I'm not sure if he fully accepts the Nyquist / Golitsyn thesis, but his work is very useful.

Link

Not strictly Final Phase related, I would highly recommend anything by Jacques Barzun.

#32 Guest_knepper_*

Guest_knepper_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:43 AM

Don't forget all books by Victor Suvorov (Inside the Red Army, and Inside Soviet Military Intelligence come to mind.) All are very readable and Suvorov gives an insider's view of the Soviet miliary machine and the GRU. He also lays out the plan for a devastating nuclear first strike, as formulated by Soviet planners.

#33 Guest_eskie_*

Guest_eskie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:58 PM

Carlos Alberto Montaner was born in Havana, Cuba, en 1943. Since 1970 he has made his home in Madrid. Montaner has held the office of professor in various universities in Latin America and the United States. He is a writer and journalist.

Montaner writes a weekly column that touches on political issues in Latin American and the rest of the world. You can read it at <http://www.firmaspress.com/english.htm>.

#34 White Knight

White Knight

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:12 PM

Richard Roberts blog. Well worth a bookmark but not updated that frequently. JRN has mentioned him in the past.

http://www.richardrobertsblog.com/

#35 Wadi66

Wadi66

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:05 PM

Has anyone read The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn??
If a heart beat determines the end of a life, a heart beat should determine the beginning of life.

#36 Guest_eskie_*

Guest_eskie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:48 AM

Has anyone read The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn??

I have, Wadi. You can see my "mini-review" of it in post #14 of this thread.
Unfortunately, in his Russian-language publications from around the year 2000, Solzhenitsyn has revealed himself as an old-line anti-Semite, in the worst traditions of ultra-nationalist Russian Orthodoxy. I saw no sign of this in Gulag Archipelago, however (or in any of his other writings of that period that I read), and I highly recommend the book.

#37 Wadi66

Wadi66

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:37 AM

I have, Wadi. You can see my "mini-review" of it in post #14 of this thread.

Thanks eskie. Read your review.

I haven't read it yet. Found the following remarks concerning his book which brought it to my attention.

But to defenders of the faith like Lukas, The Gulag Archipelago must have hit like a bolt of lightning. For it appears that Solzhenitsyn is not their man at all. The weight of the book does not support the theory that there ever was a pure, humanitarian form of Communism. It suggests instead that from the very beginning Communism was a corrupt political ideology, that it never served humanitarian or libertarian ends, but was always autocratic, despotic, and totalitarian in spirit. The lesson of the book seems to be that if you want to find the truth about any given political regime you must pay attention to what it actually does, not what it says. Outward ideology is a cipher, a nothing, a vapor; it is actual political practice, the presence or absence of individual liberty, that counts; this is the all, the everything, the alpha, the omega.

For many European intellectuals (and many Americans, too, needless to say) it became a convenient myth that Communism just needed to be put back on the track, that the thirties was a decade of excess. What was necessary was a corrective hand, a new Communist regime to correct the abuses and restore the virtues of democratic humanitarianism. The thesis of The Gulag Archipelago is that at no time - from the very moment of the 1917 revolution to the present - did the Communist regime in Russia show the slightest concern for freedom and individual liberty, that the political system of the Soviet government was largely an extension, a renewal, even an intensification of the kind of tyranny practiced for centuries by the Tsarist regime.

The Gulag Archipelago is a book about prisons -prisons, interrogations, beatings, the general system whereby human life is ordered and systematically controlled in the Soviet Union. Gulag is an acronym for Russian words meaning Chief Administration of Corrective Labor Camps. The archipelago is not a geographical locale, a string of islands, as one might immediately suspect, but a string of prison camps, scattered, says Solzhenitsyn, "from the Bering Strait almost to the Bosporus" - which is to say, across the whole of Russia. During the Stalin years these prisons, or camps, held between twelve and twenty million prisoners. The point is, however, the prisons were not an outgrowth of Stalin's twisted, paranoic mind, but a longstanding system of control, developed in Russia under the Tsars and welcomed by Lenin when he came to power in 1917.

source

Will have to add this to my to-do list. Lets see, its #517 on the list. Hmmmm, maybe I need to rearrange things.
If a heart beat determines the end of a life, a heart beat should determine the beginning of life.

#38 Guest_Eagle Strike_*

Guest_Eagle Strike_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:40 AM

In case anyone has not posted these:

Since I am a big fan of Michael Savage....read all of his books....they are quite prescient.

#39 WmWallace

WmWallace

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:01 PM

The below book by Bill Gertz releases in four days, 19 Sep. It looks like it will have some very interesting points, especially as they relate to Russia and China.

I just finished the first chapter of The Marketing of Evil and it showed precisely how public perception can be manipulated, which is a direct lesson in understanding how Russia has advanced the societal decline in America leaving us primed for TFP.

http://www.amazon.co...1877736?ie=UTF8

Enemies: How America's Foes Steal Our Vital Secrets--and How We Let It Happen, by Bill Gertz

Review
Praise for Bill Gertz and his explosive New York Times bestsellers

“A blockbuster book . . . Just astounding.” —Rush Limbaugh

“Gertz is legendary among national security reporters for the quality of his sources. . . . He is the envy of his competitors.” —Washington Monthly

“The hottest reporter in town . . . [Gertz] breaks dozens of stories every year, and he’s read carefully by people who follow national security issues, not to mention the military attachés around town.” —Washington Post

“If you’re a fan of horror stories, read this. It will scare the hell out of you.” —G. Gordon Liddy

“Bill Gertz remains a national asset.” —Weekly Standard

“Explosive . . . A methodical, well-thought-out, easy-to-read book . . . that will shock the average American.” —Sean Hannity

Book Description
It’s the great untold story of the war on terror.

Taking advantage of gaping holes in America’s defenses, terrorist organizations and enemy nations like Communist China, North Korea, Russia, and Cuba—not to mention some so-called friends—are infiltrating the U.S. government to steal our most vital secrets and use them against us. And most astonishing of all, our leaders are letting it happen.

In the explosive new book Enemies, acclaimed investigative reporter Bill Gertz uncovers the truth about this grave threat to our national security and America’s harrowing failures to address the danger. Gertz’s unrivaled access to the U.S. intelligence and defense communities allows him to tell the whole shocking story, based on previously unpublished classified documents and dozens of exclusive interviews with senior government and intelligence officials. He takes us deep inside the dark world of intelligence and counterintelligence—a world filled with lies and betrayal, spies sleeping with enemy spies, and moles burrowing within the FBI, the CIA, the Pentagon, and even the White House.

Enemies stunningly reveals:

• The untold story of one of the most damaging enemy spy penetrations in U.S. history—and how the FBI bungled the investigation

• How Communist China’s intelligence and influence operations may have reached the highest levels of the U.S. government

• Why Russia has as many spies in America today as it did at the height of the Cold War

• How al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups use official identification, uniforms, and vehicles to infiltrate secure areas and carry out attacks

• How some thirty-five terrorist groups are targeting the United States through espionage

• A startling account of the many enemy spies the U.S. has let get away

• How a Cuban mole operated high up in the Pentagon for sixteen years

• The gross ineptness that led U.S. officials to hound an innocent man while the real mole operated right under their noses

• Why aggressive counterintelligence represents the only real defense against terrorists and enemy spies—and why the U.S. intelligence bureaucracy resists it

Delivering the kind of shocking new information that led Washington Monthly magazine to declare him “legendary among national security reporters,” Bill Gertz opens our eyes as never before to deadly threats and counterintelligence failures that place every American at risk.

America’s enemies, including terrorist organizations, are stealing our most vital secrets to use against us—and the U.S. government makes it shockingly easy for them to do so. Filled with headline-making revelations from acclaimed reporter Bill Gertz, Enemies reveals the frightening untold story of the War on Terror.

http://www.amazon.co...1877736?ie=UTF8

The Marketing of Evil: How Radicals, Elitists, and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruption Disguised As Freedom, by David Kupelian

Book Description
Americans have come to tolerate, embrace and even champion many things that would have horrified their parents' generation—from easy divorce and unrestricted abortion-on-demand to extreme body piercing and teaching homosexuality to grade-schoolers. Does that mean today's Americans are inherently more morally confused and depraved than previous generations? Of course not, says veteran journalist David Kupelian. But they have fallen victim to some of the most stunningly brilliant and compelling marketing campaigns in modern history.

The Marketing of Evil reveals how much of what Americans once almost universally abhorred has been packaged, perfumed, gift-wrapped and sold to them as though it had great value. Highly skilled marketers, playing on our deeply felt national values of fairness, generosity and tolerance, have persuaded us to embrace as enlightened and noble that which all previous generations since America's founding regarded as grossly self-destructive—in a word, evil.

In this groundbreaking and meticulously researched book, Kupelian peels back the veil of marketing-induced deception to reveal exactly when, where, how, and especially why Americans bought into the lies that now threaten the future of the country.

For example, few of us realize that the widely revered father of the "sexual revolution" has been irrefutably exposed as a full-fledged sexual psychopath who encouraged pedophilia. Or that giant corporations voraciously competing for America's $150 billion teen market routinely infiltrate young people's social groups to find out how better to lead children into ever more debauched forms of "authentic self-expression."

Likewise, most of us mistakenly believe the "abortion rights" and "gay rights" movements were spontaneous, grassroots uprisings of neglected or persecuted minorities wanting to breathe free. Few people realize America was actually "sold" on abortion thanks to an audacious public relations campaign that relied on fantastic lies and fabrications. Or that the "gay rights" movement—which transformed America's former view of homosexuals as self-destructive human beings into their current status as victims and cultural heroes—faithfully followed an in-depth, phased plan laid out by professional Harvard-trained marketers.

No quarter is given in this riveting, insightful exploration of how lies, both subtle and outrageous, are packaged as truth. From the federal government to the public school system to the news media to the hidden creators of "youth culture," nothing is exempt from the thousand-watt spotlight of Kupelian's journalistic inquiry.
In the end, The Marketing of Evil is an up-close, modern-day look at what is traditionally known as "tempation"—the art and science of making evil look good.

From the Back Cover

"The Marketing of Evil is a serious wake-up call for all who cherish traditional values, the innocence of children, and the very existence of our great country." —Dr. Laura Schlessinger, talk-show host and author

"It's often said that marketing is warfare, and in The Marketing of Evil, David Kupelian clearly reveals the stunning strategies and tactics of persuasion employed by those engaged in an all-out war against America's Judeo-Christian culture." —David Limbaugh, syndicated columnist and author

"David Kupelian's research brings into sharp focus what many have sensed and suspected for a long time. ... [An] important and groundbreaking book." —D. James Kennedy, Coral Ridge Ministries

"From pitching promiscuity as 'freedom' to promoting abortion as 'choice,' the marketers of evil are always selling you something destructive—with catastrophic results. Kupelian shines a light on them all." —Michelle Malkin, Fox News Channel
"Like the dazzling disclosures found in the final page of a gripping whodunit or the fascinating revelation of a magician's secrets, The Marketing of Evil irresistibly exposes how it was done." —Rabbi Daniel Lapin, Toward Tradition

"The game's over, folks—the con men have been exposed. I urge every parent to read this eye-opening book." —Rebecca Hagelin, the Heritage Foundation
"The Marketing of Evil offers Americans real hope—because when our problems come this sharply into focus, so do the solutions." —Joseph Farah, WorldNetDaily.com
"Excellent! Simply excellent." —Donald E. Wildmon, American Family Association

#40 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:46 PM

RE: "The gross ineptness that led U.S. officials to hound an innocent man while the real mole operated right under their noses"

Consider this in light of the STILL UNSOLVED weaponized anthrax attacks of Fall and Winter 2001 - 2002.