Photo

The Rules For This Forum

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts
  • Interests:Winning the next world war. General curmudgeon-ship.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:05 PM

The Final Phase Forum (TFP Forum) was established in early 2002 and has since had a million and a half views. The number of separate individuals visiting the forum is indeterminable, as there is no requirement to register in order to merely read the discussions. In order to engage in discussions, though, a simple and non-intrusive registration process is required, which simply entails leaving an e-mail address, choosing a name (or pseudonym), and enabling the in-box feature.

FREE SPEECH, BUT NOT A FREE-FOR-ALL.

In managing the forum we attempt to do so with a just, even hand. We encourage free expression in a classical liberal sense. However, free speech is not unrestricted:

* No anti-Semitism
* No racial slurs or supremacy notions
* No propagandizing by agenda-driven adherents
* No profanity
* No ad hominem attacks
* No armed rebellion notions
* No New World Order (NWO) Conspiracy "Theory-ism"

The last rule is emphasized as the Internet is replete with such notions and those wishing to discuss them may find other forums to do so, but not TFP Forum. Moreover, the analysis of issues concerning TFP thesis are diametrically opposed to NWO notions, which assert that there exists within Western governments powerful elites, a "shadow government," who control all things in their quest to rule the world. Such NWO notions further assert that our elected representatives - including our President - are relegated to being mere "script readers" by "The Powers that Be." (See "Not All Conspiracy Theories Are Created Equal.")

TFP Forum is pluralistic, tolerant, and respectful of others. The atmosphere is welcoming and the topics discussed enlightening. It is a good place to go discuss matters in civility. The latest news and events are discussed, especially as they relate to the thesis of TFP.

Feel free to join-in on the discussions or just simply read what others are saying.

Welcome to TFP Forum!

#2 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:08 PM

We've had a number of new folks sign up. Also, ever since we did some structural changes and moved from the old provider (EZBoard) not everyone sees the rules on their way in here. So, here they are!

BM

#3 Guest_Overview_*

Guest_Overview_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for for spelling it out, BM. I'm back, BTW. :rolleyes:

#4 WmWallace

WmWallace

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:54 PM

Thanks for for spelling it out, BM. I'm back, BTW.  :)

View Post

Welcome back, OV!

#5 Guest_Overview_*

Guest_Overview_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:31 AM

Welcome back, OV!

View Post

Thanks!

#6 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:18 PM

I'd like to add a few things.

* Please attempt to write as well as you can and to make the appearance of what you post as professional as possible. Keep in mind the readability of what you post.

* In terms of formatting, if pasting in text from other places, remove carriage returns and allow the text to wrap naturally in the window provided by this forum's editing tool. Do not use carriage returns unless at the end of paragraphs or unless you want to purposely create a new line. Let the tool create the line breaks / carriage returns within each paragraph.

* Try to use plain black text as much as possible. Use other fonts and colors sparingly.

* Test URLs prior to posting. Make sure they work.

BM

#7 mohawk

mohawk

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:38 AM

BM,

If I may add my thoughts:

There are many Christians who post in this forum, each with his/her own interpretaion regarding Biblical prophecy. It is therefore understandable how folks relate what has transpired in the geopolitical world regarding TFP, with prophetic scripture. However, many of us have different opinions and interpretations. Speculation is natural, however, one should not stray from the purpose of this forum and refrain from certain speculations when they are not in context of TFP. The focus should remain on reporting on world events and actions of individuals/groups/nations as they relate to the Golitsyn/Nyquist thesis.

If a person is replying to a particular thread in the TFP forum, and they feel the desire to relate some information regarding what is taking place in the world today with biblical prophecy, it is ok to mention the relationship they feel exists (e.g. such as the Russian-Iranian connection as it relates to endtimes prophecies regarding enemies of Israel) and even provide a link to an outside site. What we don't want, however, is to turn the thread into an eschatological debate. There are many other internet sites for such discussions.

Thanks,
Mohawk

I'd like to add a few things.

* Please attempt to write as well as you can and to make the appearance of what you post as professional as possible. Keep in mind the readability of what you post.

* In terms of formatting, if pasting in text from other places, remove carriage returns and allow the text to wrap naturally in the window provided by this forum's editing tool. Do not use carriage returns unless at the end of paragraphs or unless you want to purposely create a new line. Let the tool create the line breaks / carriage returns within each paragraph.

* Try to use plain black text as much as possible. Use other fonts and colors sparingly.

* Test URLs prior to posting. Make sure they work.

BM

#8 WmWallace

WmWallace

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:09 PM

Mohawk,

I agree with your sentiments; things are under review.

BM,

If I may add my thoughts:

There are many Christians who post in this forum, each with his/her own interpretaion regarding Biblical prophecy. It is therefore understandable how folks relate what has transpired in the geopolitical world regarding TFP, with prophetic scripture. However, many of us have different opinions and interpretations. Speculation is natural, however, one should not stray from the purpose of this forum and refrain from certain speculations when they are not in context of TFP. The focus should remain on reporting on world events and actions of individuals/groups/nations as they relate to the Golitsyn/Nyquist thesis.

If a person is replying to a particular thread in the TFP forum, and they feel the desire to relate some information regarding what is taking place in the world today with biblical prophecy, it is ok to mention the relationship they feel exists (e.g. such as the Russian-Iranian connection as it relates to endtimes prophecies regarding enemies of Israel) and even provide a link to an outside site. What we don't want, however, is to turn the thread into an eschatological debate. There are many other internet sites for such discussions.

Thanks,
Mohawk

#9 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:01 PM

Here is the practical perspective regarding bans.

If someone is causing issues, we'll generally give a number of warnings via off line communications to the individual. There is a certain assumption of good faith. We communicate privately in good faith and expect the same in return.

On a limited basis, will will edit a post directly with a warning, in order that it may serve as an example.

We take into consideration not only the observed behavior, we also factor in any specific complaints we've gotten.

Unless someone is breaking the law, being heinously destructive to the forum or other sorts of very extreme things, we usually opt for a temporary "time out" ban of anywhere from 1 to 60 days, YMMV.

After that period, where it is hoped that a lesson is learned, we may give one or more additional chances for redemption.

The immediate permanent ban is rarely used.

One final note. About the worst possible thing you can do if we are privately communicating warnings to you, or have communicated a ban to you, is to go public with these private matters.

Why are we so harsh about it? Because the last thing we need is something akin to the "disgruntled employee" syndrome, where someone's personal issues with the forum start to spread like poison and make the whole climate here negative for everyone else.

This is not a democracy, we are the private management of the forum and in the end, our judgement trumps all other considerations.

#10 Newshound

Newshound

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:30 AM

I was re-reading the forum rules today to make sure I remembered them correctly.

In regards to the 'no profanity' rule, I have noticed several times curse/vulgar words have appeared in posts in recent months.

These appear to me to be a violation of forum rules and something I do not personally care to read. In my opinion, if you can't express yourself without foul language then expand your vocabulary.

When I observe profanity appearing in posts on this forum is it my duty to report these to the moderators or do they prefer to enforce this rule without any assistance?

#11 Shawna11

Shawna11

• Admin
  • 810 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:56 PM

I can't speak for the admins, but as a moderator, I appreciate receiving a heads up whenever a poster crosses one of these lines, since the press of daily duties and demands does not always permit us to keep current on all the threads.

#12 WmWallace

WmWallace

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:46 AM

When I observe profanity appearing in posts on this forum is it my duty to report these to the moderators or do they prefer to enforce this rule without any assistance?

It's always helpful for the very reason Shawna states.

We try to moderate here in moderation, though, and not become too restrictive...I'd have to see the example you cite to have a better idea of it.

#13 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

Folks we really need to watch the cussing when writing posts.

Please, no profanity.

Thanks!

#14 Guest_Franklin Sousley_*

Guest_Franklin Sousley_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

FREE SPEECH, BUT NOT A FREE-FOR-ALL.

In managing the forum we attempt to do so with a just, even hand. We encourage free expression in a classical liberal sense. However, free speech is not unrestricted:

* No anti-Semitism
* No racial slurs or supremacy notions
* No propagandizing by agenda-driven adherents
* No profanity
* No ad hominem attacks
* No armed rebellion notions

Unlike the other admins of this forum, I am not a wellspring of patience. Fair warning.

#15 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

#16 Jeffboyrd

Jeffboyrd

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:58 PM

Admins;
Can you post some guidelines regarding redundant posting?
If "power flows from the barrel of a gun." Then deterrence drops from the belly of a plane.

#17 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

We'd prefer that people don't post redundant topics. We try our best to manage it. Like an old rural town we are only as good as the community. This needs to be self policed, we simply do not have the time to continuously monitor. The USA as the Founders intended, in microcosm.

#18 Jeffboyrd

Jeffboyrd

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:22 PM

People need to search the Archives a little better. I know it is exciting when you have a bit of new info to share. It would make it so much easier to remember what topics have already been discussed. "Search" people!
If "power flows from the barrel of a gun." Then deterrence drops from the belly of a plane.

#19 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

Also, people need to remember that there are multiple pages of threads. When you click down to one of our forums, all you see is the first page of threads, there are tens of additional ones. If anyone needs instruction on how to get to the additional pages let me know. It's reasonably intuitive but I will grant the the buttons for it are not huge. Maybe some people miss them.

#20 Guest_eskie_*

Guest_eskie_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:39 PM

In the first post in this thread there is a reference to a topic entitled "Not All Conspiracy Theories Are Created Equal". I searched the forum on various keywords from that title and was unable to find the post. It could be that the search function is not working the way I expect it to work, or the post may have been pruned during maintenance.

Can anyone furnish a link?

I remember the article and the points it makes in a general way; I wanted to recommend it to someone.

Thanks.