The Eventual Death of the U.S. Dollar.

U.S. Dollar Death Dollar Collapse IMF BIS Crash Petrodollar Russia China dumping

• Please log in to reply
584 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_That One Guy_*

Guest_That One Guy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:40 PM

More and more often we're hearing about predictions that the dollar will no longer be the most valued of world currencies. Initially, it was only delved into on a few random sites that otherwise mainstream press would not pick up on, ignore and write it off as either 'conspiracy' items or 'fear mongering,' by falling upon deaf ears and turning a blind eye.

Nowadays, it's picking up some steam. As you can see, it's beginning to pop up in more of the mainstream media outlets. You even find stories of the Amero popping up a little bit more in conjunction with NASCO/NAFTA/NAU. Whether these outlets are indirectly/unknowingly giving away puzzle pieces which would eventually lead to turning points in history to the eventual collapse, or it's totally predicting it -- it's more well known (which is now means 0.005% of the American shopping mall regime is aware. Ha.).

As stated in the topic description, this is a compilation to track these such events that would be indicators.

In this case, the Middle-East is on the verge of dumping Dollars -- something Saddam tried to do before the second Iraq war broke out.

Enjoy the readings and feel free to contribute.

Link 1: Fears of dollar collapse as Saudis take fright

Link 2: Saudi Plans to Keep Riyal Pegged to the Dollar, Adviser Says

#2 Guest_Eagle Strike_*

Guest_Eagle Strike_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

Its ok....America isn't going to last much longer anyway. De donde esta mi pesos?

#3 Guest_eskie_*

Guest_eskie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

Here are some additional, related links. Most of them focus on hyperinflation, one possible outcome of the current processes. An alternative outcome would be a deflationary depression. The factors determining which of the two paths the U.S. will follow are largely political, as I understand it: the government must choose which of the two paths to take.

Because the inflationary spiral seems less painful than a great depression, it is the most probable choice. Even as someone with a bad toothache might prefer to keep taking painkillers as long as possible and avoid the more painful and expensive visit to the dentist.

GOVERNMENT DEBT
http://en.wikipedia....Government_debt

HYPERINFLATION
http://en.wikipedia..../Hyperinflation

The NIGHTMARE GERMAN INFLATION
http://www.usagold.c...nnightmare.html

HYPERINFLATION IN CHINA 1937-1949
http://www.financial.../2007/0306.html

THE HYPERINFLATION SURVIVAL GUIDE: Strategies for American Businesses
http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/0974118001

FEDERAL DEFICIT REALITY: AN UPDATE
http://www.shadowsta.../article/id=596

#4 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts
  • Interests:Winning the next world war. General curmudgeon-ship.

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:52 PM

This commentary is geared toward the first post in this thread.

OK, let me try to give some subtle guidance. If you heard Mark Levin last night, as he criticised the Law of the Sea Treaty, and the ongoing make-nice with the rest of the world mentality that so many have these days, I'd say that's about the level we will tolerate here in terms of rants against globalization. Mark has a good sense of balance on these issues.

Where it goes over the line is where it starts to get into conspiracy theories about the so called "NWO" and notions that all US sovereignty will be suplanted by black helicopters, inward facing barbed wire concentration camps made by the Bilderburgers and most of the other really wacky ideas that are found in abundance on many low quality sites around the web.

I am tempted to shut down this thread, but I'll hang fire and see how it goes.

#5 Guest_That One Guy_*

Guest_That One Guy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

This commentary is geared toward the first post in this thread.

OK, let me try to give some subtle guidance. If you heard Mark Levin last night, as he criticised the Law of the Sea Treaty, and the ongoing make-nice with the rest of the world mentality that so many have these days, I'd say that's about the level we will tolerate here in terms of rants against globalization. Mark has a good sense of balance on these issues.

Where it goes over the line is where it starts to get into conspiracy theories about the so called "NWO" and notions that all US sovereignty will be suplanted by black helicopters, inward facing barbed wire concentration camps made by the Bilderburgers and most of the other really wacky ideas that are found in abundance on many low quality sites around the web.

I am tempted to shut down this thread, but I'll hang fire and see how it goes.

This thread is essentially a collection of articles and articles to come that track the history of the dollar's decline. Perhaps as time goes on we could also take into context and pick out the highlights or pivotal points. I only mentioned the NAU/NAFTA, etc... as examples of where this could lead as potential influences of change. It was never my intention to transform this discussion as an "NWO" type of thread suggesting people need to wear tinfoil hats in paranoia like some of these sites.

#6 befruitful

befruitful

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:48 PM

I'll try to play along here. Blurry conservatism or eyes on sites?

Don't worry ES/ I gots plenty of tin cans full of very cheap cerveza- cheaper than water--- oh--could be more precious than pennies or centavos. That should be enough to protect us if you decide to light up hilarious with an emp aboard a borrowed f-18. Any in stock yet?

http://www.worldnetd...RTICLE_ID=57936

Are Iran, Russia, China behind dollar's free-fall?

The hottest selling book in China right now is called "Currency Wars," which makes the case that the U.S. Federal Reserve is a puppet of the Rothschilds banking dynasty and it has persuaded some top officials Beijing.

Now we see the origin and destiny of the nwo theories.

#7 Guest_That One Guy_*

Guest_That One Guy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:35 AM

North American Currency News:

Canadian Dollar evens with USD, continues parity.

The news is already about a week old, but it's only a sign of things to come. It's my prediction, as I follow and deal with FX in my profession, that it will remain close with the USD. Even the Mexican Peso is gaining a bit.

Across the Atlantic:

Europe Cares about the USD? EU mulls ideas to keep Dollar from declining against Euro.

A suprise consensus but not really a suprise as their economy's well being is still highly dependent upon the USD.

#8 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:27 PM

I'll try to play along here. Blurry conservatism or eyes on sites?

Don't worry ES/ I gots plenty of tin cans full of very cheap cerveza- cheaper than water--- oh--could be more precious than pennies or centavos. That should be enough to protect us if you decide to light up hilarious with an emp aboard a borrowed f-18. Any in stock yet?

http://www.worldnetd...RTICLE_ID=57936

Are Iran, Russia, China behind dollar's free-fall?

The hottest selling book in China right now is called "Currency Wars," which makes the case that the U.S. Federal Reserve is a puppet of the Rothschilds banking dynasty and it has persuaded some top officials Beijing.

Now we see the origin and destiny of the nwo theories.

This demonstrates the troubling similarity between the mindsets of the current leaders of the PRC and those of the Nazis in the 1930s. Both were / are obsessed with "the Jews," Free Masons and other alleged "supra national cabals" / secret societies. Interestingly and tellingly, the real, and highly dangerous, secret societies are ones such as Politburos, Nazi cliques, and hidden Communist structures in the hatred filled nations who hate the West.

#9 Thunder90

Thunder90

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:38 PM

I have heard that the Russian Rouble has gained a lot of ground against both the US Dollar and the Euro over the last year.

#10 Guest_That One Guy_*

Guest_That One Guy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:03 PM

I have heard that the Russian Rouble has gained a lot of ground against both the US Dollar and the Euro over the last year.

Yes it has. Matter of fact, Russia is now a crediting country -- no longer in debt. Furthermore, they've been frequently making large purchases of gold over the last few years.

#11 Guest_eskie_*

Guest_eskie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:20 PM

Here’s a link to one of the best overviews I’ve read in recent days of the current and future turmoil in the financial markets – part 9 of Ted Andros’ “Fingers of Instability” series. The piece might be a little heavy for some, but if you have the courage Mr. Andros does a good job of explaining a complicated situation.

http://www.financial.../2007/1016.html
---

Things are heating up in the world of high finance. The stew pot – already overcooked - is going to start bubbling over soon so that even ordinary citizens will be affected in ways they can’t ignore. For one thing, inflation will probably rise. The U.S. presidential hopefuls will not longer be able to blithely say “the economy has never been better.”

#12 Guest_That One Guy_*

Guest_That One Guy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:04 PM

Here's another tid-bit... actually a good portion of what's going on outside of the U.S.. With some things, only time will tell the impact and implications of measures such as these. I've already been monitoring this type of activity but it helps to see it in the bigger picture and get a good snapshot after a certain amount of time has transpired. Enjoy the read.

Japan and China lead flight from the dollar

#13 getnredi

getnredi

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:02 PM

Here's another tid-bit... actually a good portion of what's going on outside of the U.S.. With some things, only time will tell the impact and implications of measures such as these. I've already been monitoring this type of activity but it helps to see it in the bigger picture and get a good snapshot after a certain amount of time has transpired. Enjoy the read.

Japan and China lead flight from the dollar

Opps! Is that a snowball I see rolling down the hill?
Getnredi

#14 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:17 AM

Opps! Is that a snowball I see rolling down the hill?

It's slower than that. But painful. Planning some over seas travel. Painful!

#15 Guest_That One Guy_*

Guest_That One Guy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:33 AM

Looks like veteran investor Jim Rogers, AKA Captain Obvious, says we're in a recession and is now dumping all his U.S. Dollars.

And here we go....

Who's next?

Jim Rogers quits dollar after declaring US recession

#16 FlyingPhoenix

FlyingPhoenix

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:26 AM

Looks like veteran investor Jim Rogers, AKA Captain Obvious, says we're in a recession and is now dumping all his U.S. Dollars.

Notice he's moving to the Chinese Yuan.

I tell you, these free trade deals and trade with China has been great. I mean, we've made ourselves totally dependant on China... oh wait, it was supposed to be the other way around. Nevermind.

#17 bm_cali

bm_cali

• Admin
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

Many of today's China loving business people will be like the isolationists prior to WW2. Some of the WW2 isolationists were almost forgivable due to being salt of the earth types who simplistically believed in a certain version of "America First" that meant no dealing with Europe (or Asia), or, naively believed that free trade would overcome all geopolitical woes. However, there were also a small set of cynical isolationists such as Henry Ford and other business leaders, who were not only greedy but even looked up to the authoritarian aspects of Nazism and may have been overt anti Semites. Mind you, I don't equate this severe character flaw with capitalism or being a corporate leader per se. Many corporate leaders are simple dupes of the "Flat World" idea. But even today, there are a few who are more like Henry Ford. Execs of Ford, IBM, GM and GE should have been tried for treason due to aiding and abetting the Axis Powers but were not. This time around, after the SHTF, we need to make it a priority to investigate every major corporate leader who has been a Panda hugger. In many cases, we'll find they have been more in the dupe category. But as for today's Henry Ford's, let us reinstate the hangman, so they many be punished for their crimes against the US Constitution and Citizenry in the most dramatic fashion.

#18 Guest_That One Guy_*

Guest_That One Guy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:14 AM

Some good news in light of all this.

If there were ever a good time to start buying American, it's now!

Uh huh... For the foreign MNCs.

For example, Dubai now has 20% ownership in NASDAQ and even owns a large chunk of Las Vegas.

Those are just a couple out of dozens -- from Dubai alone.

#19 Guest_Eagle Strike_*

Guest_Eagle Strike_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

Notice he's moving to the Chinese Yuan.

I tell you, these free trade deals and trade with China has been great. I mean, we've made ourselves totally dependant on China... oh wait, it was supposed to be the other way around. Nevermind.

Jim Rogers has been in China for years....if not the past decade and half. He was one of the pioneers of going and investing there. He is also a good pal of Soros...take that for what its worth.

Anyway, when you achieve guru status in the financial and business world...it doesn't take much at all to convince the heard what is best to line your pocketbooks with millions....national interests be damned!

#20 ABlay

ABlay

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:57 AM

I know this isn't very surprising or new, but disturbing nonetheless...

http://www.ft.com/cm...?nclick_check=1

Dollar and oil hit new records
By Michael Mackenzie in New York

Published: October 29 2007 20:20 | Last updated: October 30 2007 01:12

Oil hit a new record high of $93.80 and the dollar struck a new low yesterday as investors showed their growing certainty that the US Federal Reserve will cut interest rates on Wednesday.

The same conviction also saw gold approach $800 a troy ounce – its highest price for 28 years – while equities made gains. The move into gold reflects how investors fear rising inflation from the twin forces of higher oil prices and a weaker dollar.

Weighing on the dollar was the outlook for lower borrowing rates versus those of other economies when a two-day meeting of the Fed concludes on Wednesday.

Investors in Fed funds futures have largely priced in a 25 basis point cut in the 4.75 per cent overnight rate amid a deteriorating housing market and recent large writedowns at US banks.

“The Fed faces a quandary as they need to ease [rates] in order to get the economy going, but a weaker dollar, while good for US exports, does raise the concern that inflation will rise,” said Gerald Lucas, senior investment adviser at Deutsche Bank.

Higher commodity and energy stocks propelled global equity markets while US multinational companies were buoyed by further weakness in the dollar.

“We have seen a strong preference for energy stocks among institutional investors,” said Saul Henry, head of US equity strategy at State Street Global Markets.

By the close on Wall Street, the S&P 500 was up 0.4 per cent. The FTSE Eurofirst 300 index closed 0.7 per cent higher, and the FTSE 100 closed up 0.67 per cent.

Asian markets rose sharply. Markets in India, Hong Kong, South Korea, Malaysia and Indonesia set record highs. The Hang Seng rose 3.9 per cent and is up 55 per cent since the Fed cut its discount rate for banks and China said it would allow investors to buy Hong Kong stocks.

The dollar fell to a record low of 76.777 against a basket of six leading currencies, as the euro climbed to a new high of $1.4438. The dollar fell as low as C$0.9541 against its Canadian counterpart, its lowest level in 47 years.

“With oil prices so high, oil exporters are diversifying more of their petro-dollar surplus into other currencies and that process pressures the dollar and benefits currencies such as the euro,” said Mr Lucas. “While a healthy percentage of reserves still goes into dollar assets”, oil’s rise was one factor in dollar weakness.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: U.S. Dollar, Death, Dollar Collapse, IMF, BIS, Crash, Petrodollar, Russia, China, dumping